7.05.2008

Statue of Liberty

A few weeks ago my mom came to stay with us for a week. She spent most of the day sight seeing NYC by herself since Logan and I work everyday, but on Sunday we all took a ferry from Liberty State Park in Jersey to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. It was really neat!


My cute mumsy and I, with Manhattan in the background.


Me and Logan. It was really windy, if you can't tell my the water and my mom's hair!

Another example of how windy it was! don't laugh at my Alfalfa hair.


We took a walking tour around the Statue, it was way cool to learn so many things about her that I would have never known.
For example, I wouldn't have the pleasure of knowing that the frightening, ugly(in the nicest way possible) face of the statue was that of the sculptures mother. Eek!
Also, did you know that she is only two pennies thick?






2 little thoughts:

Valerie said...

Yesssss! I love your hair! And do you think you and mom look alike, or what?

Mandy said...

How nice that your mom was able to come and visit. I am sure she had a good time, especially to see you and Logan. One of these days Troy and I will make it to NYC. Love you, miss you!