7.26.2008

Palmyra

Last Sunday we decided to drive up to Palmyra. We left in the morning, and it took a little over 5 hours to get there. It was so beautiful!

The Palmyra temple. I blame the crookedness on Jim or Pam, I'm not sure who took the photo.

Around the temple were fields of grass and trees, it was so pretty! I am sad we didn't take a picture of it. You couldn't see a building at all from anywhere on the grounds. It is in the perfect location.

This is the Smith's first home. 12 people lived in here. Crazy!


The view of the temple from the Smith farm.

Just down the road on the farm is the Smith's second home. This is where Joseph hid the plates. It was kind of surreal to see it all in person.

This is my favorite picture of Pam. I'm sure this gangster pose was unintentional, but it's still great!

The sacred grove was so beautiful and peaceful!



I'm glad we had the chance to go there. It really is such a wonderful place!

3 little thoughts:

Tyler and Sheena said...

That is so neat. Someday we need to all go out there and take a huge church history tour. It would be so fun.

Andreason said...

What a wonderful experience! I am glad you guys took the chance to see everything. It would be so sad if you left New York without going to Palmyra. I am jealous!

Mandy said...

I am so jealous! I am a BIG church history fan. I love learning and have always wanted to go on a church tour to the back east. Oh well one day I will. Thank you for sharing your pictures.