3.09.2010

{Catch Up}

Oh my. I'm sorry. I have a million excuses why I have been to busy to blog lately (and I think all of them are extremely valid), but I am going to do a little catch up to rid myself of guilty blog feelings. Things might be a bit backwards, but here you have it!
A few weeks ago my friends Jamie, Sara and I decided to try out our domestic skills by decorating cupcakes. PINK LEMONADE cupcakes. Yes, they are as good as they sounds. You can find the recipe here.




Our inspiration for decorating them came from Martha Stewart. They did not turn out like Martha Stewart cupcakes.
But we were pretty proud of them anyways!

This is how good they were...
In January we went to Jamie and Derek's cabin at Bear Lake. We just played games and partied, and the guys played some ice hockey. Nolan was the only one who would wear skates. It was such a nice sunny day for it!
Logan showing off his mad skills...




New Years Eve
The annual Walhen family party at a hotel. It's always a blast! I don't know where else I would fall off my chair during a card game, giving myself a HUGE bump on my forearm for weeks.
Isn't my boy cute? Sorry, you can't have him.

We were clearly excited for 2010!
Or maybe we were just excited to kiss...

I made my mom these pillows for Christmas, and even though they were kind of a nightmare, I love how they turned out! I got a sewing machine for Christmas, and I am determined to become more talented in that area.

Oh, I heart you mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christmas morning at the Riley's.
I love this picture of Wyatt.
We played some new Wii!
And Brady lost at......whatever game this is... :)

ALSO!

Bonnie and Brock had their darling little boy, Carter. Check out their blog!

I made his baby announcements, you can see them on my design blog....

Thanks for looking at this ginormous post. Love you all!

7 little thoughts:

Kelsey Romph said...

Your cupcakes were amazing and just luscious! Thanks for sharing them!

Valerie said...

Mmmmm! Agreed! That is definitely my new go to recipe.

Shrek's hairy legs!

Tad and Liza said...

I don't think we have seen you guys since new year's! Soon, okay? And I didn't know you made Carter's announcements, they turned out great...I love them!

Tyler and Sheena said...

Umm...that wasn't enough! We miss you guys so much. I'm hoping we can see you guys sometime soon.

Tyler and Sheena said...

and btw, you can master your talent of cute pillow making and practice on me. I could use some cute pillows to spruce up my boring place. What do ya say?

Brady,McCall said...

Way cute cupcakes! you need to teach me how to do the frosting like that, I have always wanted to make them beautiful like that. All of your pictures are way fun! We have not seen you guys in forever, we miss you lots! Oh and I love Carter's announcement, super cute!

Julie said...

Oh Deb! I just love you so much! Loved your fabulous update! And those cupcakes look incredible I might add! xoxo! talk very soon . . .