11.07.2009

{Pillows}

Remember these pillows? Sad, dreary pillows....
Well, my friend Chels decided she would be willing to help me make some new pillows to brighten up my sofa. The only sewing I have ever done was in a class in high school. Needless to say, I don't have a finished product of any project, and the pieces of a dress laid in a bag until I got married and threw them away. Don't know how I passed that class, but you get the point. But, we found the cutest fabric shop in Preston, and it inspired me! :) So, my first attempt at sewing went pretty good if I do say so myself.

I saw this fabric called around the world and I had to have it. It has landmarks from famous cities, and you know I love traveling. Those Russian building tops were just calling me.
And so was this tree......
Then I saw this yellow fabric. Fantastic color + fantastic graphic = fantastic pillow.
So now my sofa looks sooo much happier! That plum pillow on the right still has to be topped off with a big buttion in the middle.
Yay for me! I am no longer frightened of sewing machines. In fact, I want one.

10 little thoughts:

Tyler and Sheena said...

Cute Ded. Well done!

Brady,McCall said...

Deborah I love them! They look really good on your couch with your awesome tables as well. Maybe you can give me a few tips on sewing now, it scares me too!

Kelsey Romph said...

Your pillows look fun!

djwalken said...

Yeah! Can't wait for Wednesday!

Chelsea and Dustin Walkenhorst. said...

Sorry, I signed in under Dusty's account....oops!

Valerie said...

Uuuuuuuhhhhhhh......... I'm speachless.... you?.... want a sewing machine???? Remember that quilt you made at my house? ; )

They look so cute! I can't wait to see mom's!

Mandy said...

I think that is awesome!!!! They look great. I do have a sewing machine, however I admit that I am still working on a number of projects. BUT I do hem my own clothes which was the real reason I wanted the sewing machine.

Unknown said...

Deborah, so fun!
Anyhow, my post titles are not white. They are a purply-pink color, I messed with the html to make them a font that is not on blogger, so on slow computers, it just takes them forever to load. sorry!

Julie said...

Deborah is amazing! They look incredible! so so cute! And I love how your blog is constantly transforming! You're so cute Deb. Only a few more weeks till Ju & Deb Craftness begins.. I cannot wait!!

Stephanie said...

I just love your blog! I came across it a couple months ago and LOVE it. If you don't mind me asking how you got the 3 column blog layout and what i really love is the adorable colored blog post titles. and the font??!! Did you design this yourself or find it somewhere? I would really love to pick your brain. My name is Stephanie and my e-mail address is sugarred23@hotmail.com